Sunday, April 18, 2010
Moorehead, KY
I have stopped in Moorehead, KY in order to help a family. But lets get to that in a little while lets start with when I left Lexington. I left Lexington on the 13th of April and I started walking route 60 on the way to Charleston, WV. About halfway to Winchester a man pulled over and offered me a ride to Winchester. While walking through Winchester several people stopped and offered me food because they misunderstood my sign to think that I was hungry but I am thankful for it gave me a chance to talk to them about Feed My Starving Children. As I got to the east side of Winchester I was offered a ride to the west side of Mt Sterling. While I walked through Mt Sterling many people donated money to me and to feed my starving children. When I got to the east side of Mt Sterling I found that it was time to stop for the night. So I saw a house with plenty of trees around the yard I went up to knock on the door and as I went to knock on the door the door opened. And there was Courtney Copley. I told him what I was doing and I asked if I could cap in his front yard. By the time I explained myself more fully he had any questions and he offered me a shower. When I got out of the shower he gave me an Ale 8 and he had his son, Gabe, bring me McDonald's for dinner well by the end of the night I was clean, fed, and there were some of Gabe's friends that came over and we fellowshipped all night long. The next day I got up and hiked to Owingsville where I again received many donations to me and to Feed My Starving Children. I slept in a barn that night just east of Owingsville. The next day I started hiking again and made it to salt lick by lunch in saltlick I had to find the post office where I sent home $80 for FMSC as I continued walking that evening I made it to Farmers where a man hollered at me to come over I did. His name was David and he wanted to offer me some food in return for some work so I accepted by the end of the night I had agreed to stay for two weeks and help him out some so I am just outside of Moorehead for the next two weeks. If you are just joining the blog please remember to scroll down and read the rest it starts at the bottom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thats awesome willy. I got your extra sign at CSF. So if you need it just holla and I could make a road trip. Glad the trip is going well. I am praying for you.
ReplyDeleteSounds sweet. I'm so happy you already raised $80 for FMSC!!! That's great
ReplyDeleteWillie, do you know how encouraging this is to read? Truly, you are blessing more people than you know by following the Lord in this and just openly sharing His love with the people you encounter. Keep on keeping on - May the words of my mouth and meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, o Lord my ROCK and my REDEEMER> Psalm 19:14.
ReplyDeleteMy friend Tiff at KCU told me about your story tonight, so I looked up your blog. I am so amazed. I wish I were a man so I could safely follow you. I will definitely tell my friends about your story and this blog. You're making a difference and following God's will without having to follow America's plan of college then a family and job. You're doing what He wants, and that's so exciting!
ReplyDeleteToday I met Willie in his travel through Huntington, WV, what a delightful young man with a big heart. I offered him the few dollars in my wallet, I, like many others, have misunderstood what Willie's coal is. Willie told me he was not the hungry one but his adventure was to remind the world that there are many whom are still hungry here, our neighbors, or the stranger down the street. May God Bless You and Keep You Safe. Spiked Red Head Lady :-).
ReplyDeleteI was told of Willie through a young lady that stopped and spoke with him in Huntington, WV. I have continued to spread the word of his adventures!! May God Bless you through your journey and keep you safe. This will change your life forever, it already has!!!
ReplyDelete