Once again I have fallen way behind on my Blog so I am going to apologize for any details or large gaps that are missing I have found that getting a computer is sometimes more difficult than I imagined but I am working on it.
So when I last left you Priss was getting fixed the surgery went well. The next day I planned on leaving her tin my tent for her recovery period she would have nothing to do with it so she tore a hole in my tent which I was able to mend. But when her week of recovery was over Priss and I were given a ride to Lexington, VA where after being dropped off we had not walked 5 miles before we were offered another ride after that ride it was getting late so we started to look for a place to stay the night and found one shortly later when a truck full of guys stopped and one of them lived nearby. He then gave me a ride into Charlottesville, VA where I stayed and was given a deal on some bike wheels so I upgraded them to some heavier duty wheels which so far they have held up quite well.
When I went to leave Charlottesville my pack strap broke so I went and found a place that sold straps where I was given a new strap except it did not fit my pack so I had to go somewhere else to get it modified to fit my pack frame. That cost me twelve dollars. But I got it fixed and was on my way again that night I camped in a yard the next day I was just a little ways down the road when a gentleman and his daughter drove up and offered me a place to stay the night. Had an opportunity to blog there but passed it up because he did not have word, so no spell-check. The next morning when we got up he offered me a ride down the road to where he worked from there I walked the rest of the day. The next morning I got up and started toward Culpeper where I was picked up by Pastor Nancy Palmer who let me camp in her front yard for a couple of nights while I waited for a package that I ended up leaving behind, because I could not wait for it any longer.
Well Nancy gave me a ride about halfway to Manassas when I got almost through the county a cop decide that I was obstructing traffic and decided to give me a hard time but thankfully the Lord gave me patience and the cop allowed me to continue the last mile to get out of the county. Where I was no more than out of when I found a place to stay for the night I literally stayed within 10 feet of the county line. The next morning after I got up and got on the road I was given a ride to the other side of Manassas where not but a mile down the road I received another ride from where I hiked into Washington, Dc. As I was hiking down the national mall I had a guy ride up to me on his bike and ask me if I wanted to work the next day I said sure and he told me to show up at 7:30.
I showed up and ended up working not just one day but 6. The last night the boss offered me to stay at his place (I had been staying in parks). When I was with him he took me by a sport shop where I was planning on buying new socks (specialty socks that range anywhere from 10-20$ a pair) well he picked them up for me four pairs of socks it was very relieving. Then after the last day of work one of the guys I was working with offered me a ride to Baltimore, MD. After being unsuccessful finding a hotel for me and my dog that was affordable he let me spend a night at his house where we could try again the next day. Well that extra day was long enough to get in touch with an old family friend that lives in Baltimore so I ended up not having to pay for a room. While I was in Baltimore I sent home another $293 ($639.92 total). When I was getting ready to leave Baltimore we decided I should wait out the hurricane that was about to hit the area I was headed to. Then I was given a ride a few miles down the road where I broke an axle on my cart. Thankfully Griz was still there and offered me a ride to get the replacement parts. From there I was able to hike into Delaware, where I found a cheap motel. Then I hiked into Wilmington today. I am hoping to make it to Connecticut by first weekend in Oct because FMSC is doing a mobile pack event there that weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So, it took me a while to track down this blog, but I wanted to let you know that I spotted you today and I was so intrigued that I had to find out what you were doing.
ReplyDeleteI was going to drop my girlfriend off at a train station in Marcus Hook, PA (right outside of Wilmington, DE off of Rt. 13) when we first saw you walking down the road. You were walking in the same direction as us, so I couldn't see much (although, my girlfriend pointed out your adorable puppy haha...)
After I dropped her off, I cut down an alley to save time and ended up in the parking lot of a small diner. When I stopped to turn back on to the road, you were directly in front of me (I was in an all black car with black wheels, on your left...probably looked like I was in a hurry). As you crossed in front of me, you looked over and gave a slight nod and a smile, and continued on your way.
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I think what you're doing is great. The area you were walking through isn't the safest place in town...it was very uplifting to see how obvious it was that you were there for a reason. I wanted you to know that, even though I had NO idea what the cause was in the first place, it was very easy to tell that you were motivated and had your heart set on something.
I wish you (and your dog) the best of luck with the rest of your travels!
-Dan
Hi Willie,
ReplyDeleteI was glad to read of your further adventures the other day (about 10 days after your post). I have been wanting to post a comment and today when I went to the blog, surprise, another entry, this time from New Jersey. I'll write you a comment there. Just happy to know you are doing ok. Hugs for Priss.
Levi505guy, Covington. VA.